Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Return to Nursing OR Healthcare Assistants to Nursing
Expressions of interest sought
Nelson or Marlborough Region
- Are you a Registered Nurse with a lapsed Practicing Certificate wanting to return to practice?
- Are you an overseas registered nurse working as an HCA wanting to gain NZ registration?
- Are you a Healthcare Assistant wanting to train to become an Enrolled or Registered Nurse?
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
Nelson Marlborough Health are keen to discuss with you, the pathway to return to the nursing profession OR gain your NZ Practicing Certificate (if you are an overseas registered nurse living in NZ) OR you are currently a Healthcare Assistant wanting to become a nurse.
We have a number of short terms roles (6-9 months) to give you the experience to confidently move into the training you need to gain your Practicing Certificate. There are three pathways dependent on your situation. These are:
- On the job training for those who have recently lapsed Practicing Certificates.
- Gaining entry to your CAP course for those who need to do this course to gain registration.
- Gaining your pre-health qualification for entry into a Registered Nursing or Enrolled Nursing course for those with no prior qualifications.
These training roles are flexible to suit your needs. We can offer 20-40 hours per week. Some are rotating shifts throughout the week (7am-3pm/3-11pm/11pm-7am). Others are day-time Monday to Friday, with school hours being possible. We have roles in the community or in the hospital.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
We are looking for people who:
- have been out of the Nursing profession for any period of time. There is no maximum so it does not matter whether it is 2 or 20 years, we would like to talk to you. We will work with you to meet the Nursing Council requirements to secure your APC.
- are registered as a Nurse overseas and need to complete a CAP course to gain registration.
- want to train to become either an Enrolled or Registered Nurses. We can work with you to determine the best training route for you.
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 546 1274.
For role or training specific information please contact Celia Daniels, Workforce Planning Manager on email@example.com
Keen to apply/register your interest, it’s easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Closing date: Open until filled
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.