Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Orthopaedic Surgeon - Wairau Hospital, Blenheim
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough seeks an experienced Orthopaedic Surgeon to join the Orthopaedic surgery team
- Permanent part-time 0.7FTE (56 hours a fortnight)
- 1:4 on-call allowance
- Wairau hospital, Blenheim, New Zealand
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
The Nelson Marlborough region, located at the summit of the South Island in Aotearoa, New Zealand, is spectacular. It is a great place to live for both work and leisure. Blenheim offers all the luxuries and attractions one would desire, especially with the Marlborough Sounds and National Parks nearby.
Blenheim, Marlborough - where healthcare meets paradise, is a fantastic, secure, and pleasant place to raise a family and enjoy the best of "kiwilife." Marlborough, which also boasts 2400 hours of sunlight annually, contains 20% of New Zealand's coastline, making it unique. Blenheim, Marlborough is where healthcare meets adventure, sailing and mountain biking are two of the many easily accessible outdoor activities. The region offers endless opportunities for skilling, water sports, and walking/hiking. It also has a reputation for its award-winning wines, fine art, local theatre, conventional centre, and peaceful approach to life. Visit this page to uncover more about how to strike a better work-life balance being in Blenheim https://marlboroughnz.com/live-work/
Te Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough has approximately 3,000 employees, providing health services in the Nelson, Tasman, and Marlborough regions, serving almost 150,000 people. Facilities at Nelson Marlborough include four hospitals (Nelson, Wairau, Alexander, and Murchison), a district wile public health service, and four community health Centre's located in Richmond, Marlborough, Motueka, and Golden Bay. Our vision is for all people to live well, get well, and stay well, and our mission is to work with the people of our community to promote, encourage, and enable their health, well-being, and independence. Respect, innovation, teamwork, and integrity represent our fundamental values.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary, you will:
- Receive an annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation, and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
Ngā mōhiohio e pā hānga ki tēnei mahi (About
The successful candidate will:
- Participate in the Orthopaedic surgery on-call roster.
- Be part of the busy contemporary orthopaedic service to provide a wide range of care including acute and elective procedures to patients.
- Contribute to the overall development of the clinical service, including the quality improvement processes, clinical governance, and patient safety initiatives.
- Supervise and participate in teaching of junior medical workforce.
- Enjoy working and living in one of New Zealand’s most sought-after regions.
Ngā mōhiohio e pā hānga ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The ideal applicant will:
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate with a vocational scope of Orthopaedic Surgery with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Bring their medical expertise and experience to improve health of the population in Marlborough region.
- Ability to work independently as a specialist in a provincial district.
- Work with others to promote a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing medical education and professional development.
Collegiality and collaboration across all
disciplines are keys to provide successful services to our patients and
community. Should this be the type of environment in which you will
thrive, we would like to hear from you!
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general application enquiries please contact our recruitment team SMO.Recruitment@nmdhb.govt.nz
For role specific information please contact,
-Donna Addidle - Services Manager, Donna.Addidle@nmdhb.govt.nz, or
-Philip Wraighte - Orthopaedic Surgeon, Philip.Wraighte@nmdhb.gov.nz
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form, https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Applications via email will not be considered.
Whilst it is no longer mandatory, for the health and safety of staff and patients, employees in this role are expected to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (primary course plus booster).
Applications close: Open until filled.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.