Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Older Persons Mental Health Specialist
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough invites applications from a broad range of Medical Practitioner/Specialist with special interest and experience in Older Persons to join Mental Health Services
- Permanent part-time 0.4FTE (32 hours a fortnight)
- Potential combining with another role to increase FTE for the right candidate
- Be part of a supportive team, who are willing to accommodate your personal goals
- Marlborough Community, Blenheim, New Zealand
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
The Nelson Marlborough region, located at the summit of the South Island in Aotearoa, New Zealand, is spectacular. It is a great place to live for both work and leisure. Blenheim offers all the luxuries and attractions one would desire, especially with the Marlborough Sounds and National Parks nearby.
Blenheim, Marlborough - where healthcare meets paradise, is a fantastic, secure, and pleasant place to raise a family and enjoy the best of "kiwilife." Marlborough, which also boasts 2400 hours of sunlight annually, contains 20% of New Zealand's coastline, making it unique. Blenheim, Marlborough is where healthcare meets adventure, sailing and mountain biking are two of the many easily accessible outdoor activities. The region offers endless opportunities for skilling, water sports, and walking/hiking. It also has a reputation for its award-winning wines, fine art, local theatre, conventional centre, and peaceful approach to life. Visit this page to uncover more about how to strike a better work-life balance being in Blenheim https://marlboroughnz.com/live-work/
Te Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough has approximately 3,000 employees, providing health services in the Nelson, Tasman, and Marlborough regions, serving almost 150,000 people. Facilities at Nelson Marlborough include four hospitals (Nelson, Wairau, Alexander, and Murchison), a district wile public health service, and four community health Centre's located in Richmond, Marlborough, Motueka, and Golden Bay. Our vision is for all people to live well, get well, and stay well, and our mission is to work with the people of our community to promote, encourage, and enable their health, well-being, and independence. Respect, innovation, teamwork, and integrity represent our fundamental values.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary, you will:
- Receive an annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation, and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver quality services to improve the mental health of the older adult population in Marlborough region.
- Participate in the Older Persons mental health roster, 2 days a week with no on-call requirement.
- Have an opportunity to engage with the wider clinical community and work in partnership with General Practitioners, other clinical teams, and community carers and supports.
- Contribute to the overall development of the clinical service, including the quality improvement processes, clinical governance, and patient safety initiatives.
- Have an opportunity to achieve work/life balance and enjoy one of New Zealand’s most sought-after regions.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal applicant will:
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists/General Practice or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational scope of Psychiatry/General Practice with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Bring your expertise to acute care and contribute to advanced mental health care of the elderly in the Marlborough Community.
- Be passionate, patient, and considerate when assessing and treating patients including providing community-based assessment and treatment, time limited case management, and liaison services.
- Work with others to promote a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing medical education and professional development.
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on SMO.Recruitment@nmdhb.govt.nz or (0) 3 539 5777
For role specific information please contact:
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Applications via email will not be considered.
Whilst it is no longer mandatory, for the health and safety of staff and patients, employees in this role are expected to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (primary course plus booster).
Applications close: Open until filled.
Te Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.