Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Occupational Therapist/ Kaiwhakaora Ngangahau (Casual)
- Bring your Occupational Therapy skills to our friendly, supportive teams
- Work in sunny Nelson and the greater Nelson/Tasman area
position / No fixed hours covering staff leave and periods of peak demand
across a range of clinical areas
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
We are looking for applicants with a range of generalist and specialist skills, and a genuine passion for working alongside clients in the inpatient and community settings, to facilitate a smoother health journey. This casual position, covering staff leave and periods of peak demand, will require you to be adaptable to change, resourceful and flexible to service needs.
Some forward planning and scheduling will be available, however it will be important that you have the flexibility to sometimes work at short notice.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
You will have at least 2 years
post-qualification experience, NZ registration in Occupational Therapy, a
current practising certificate and sound knowledge and experience of inpatient
and community clinical areas.
Additionally you will bring the following:
- Comprehensive clinical assessment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, to develop positive interpersonal relationships, and work flexibly within the inter-disciplinary team, with a team player attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to liaise effectively with health professionals both within the in-patient services and in the community
- Strong clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong prioritisation skills and experience with complex discharge planning
clean drivers licence.
If this sounds like you, we welcome your application.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough’s largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For role specific information please contact Julie Marriott, Team
Leader – Occupational Therapy Nelson, Julie.Marriott@nmdhb.govt.nz or
0274 032 995. For general inquiries please contact our recruitment team
on email@example.com or
03 546 1274.
Keen to apply now, it’s easy. Please click apply now and fill in
our online application form.
Applications Close: Sunday 29 November