Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Librarian - Nelson Marlborough Health
Wairau Hospital, Blenheim
- An interesting and varied role managing our medical library
- Flexibility working 12 hours per week (0.3FTE)
- Great environment and on-site parking
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
Nelson Marlborough Health (NMH) maintains a medical library at the Wairau Hospital providing staff across the top of the South Island with access to resources to support learning and professional development. On a typical day you will be;
- Undertaking standard library management tasks (issues, returns, inter-loans)
- Researching technical requests and ordering books, manging subscriptions
- Collaborating with other libraries (DHB’s and other NZ libraries)
- Responding to requests and helping staff source articles and books.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
We are looking for a qualified librarian with effective organisation and critical thinking skills, preferably with experience working within a technical or health related field. You will need to be a self-starter capable of working autonomously, confident using technology and passionate about literature and helping people learn.
Me pehea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For role specific information please contact Gerry French, Team Leader- Learning and Organisational Development on Gerry.French@nmdhb.govt.nz.
Keen to apply now, it's easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Applications close: Thursday 28th January
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorsres Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.