Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
General Surgeon with endoscopy skills - Permanent
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough seeks an experienced General Surgeon with endoscopy capability to join the Surgery team
- Permanent, part-time 0.6FTE (48 hours a fortnight)
- 1:4 On-call
- Wairau hospital, Blenheim, New Zealand
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
The Nelson Marlborough region, located at the summit of the South Island in Aotearoa, New Zealand, is spectacular. It boasts a pleasing climate and some of the maximum annual sunlight hours. It is a great place to live for both work and leisure. Blenheim offers all the luxuries and attractions one would desire, especially with the Marlborough Sounds and National Parks nearby.
Blenheim, Marlborough- where healthcare meets paradise, is a fantastic, secure, and pleasant place to raise a family and enjoy the best of "kiwilife." Marlborough, which also boasts 2400 hours of sunlight annually, contains 20% of New Zealand's coastline, making it unique. Blenheim, Marlborough is where healthcare meets adventure, sailing and mountain biking are two of the most renowned of the many easily accessible outdoor activities and pleasure. The region offers endless opportunities for skilling, water sports, and walking/hiking. It also has a reputation for its award-winning wines, fine art, local theatre, conventional centre, and peaceful approach to life. Visit this page to uncover more about how to strike a better work-life balance in Blenheim https://marlboroughnz.com/live-work/
Te Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough has approximately 3000 employees, providing health services in the Nelson, Tasman, and Marlborough regions, serving almost 150,000 people. Facilities at Nelson Marlborough include four hospitals (Nelson, Wairau, Alexander, and Murchison), a district wide public health service, and four community health Centre's located in Richmond, Marlborough, Motueka, and Golden Bay. Our vision is for all people to live well, get well, and stay well, and our mission is to work with the people of our community to promote, encourage, and enable their health, well-being, and independence. Respect, innovation, teamwork, and integrity represent our fundamental values.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary, you will:
- Receive an annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation, and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki ēnei mahi (About these positions)
The successful candidate will:
- Deliver quality services to improve health of the population in Marlborough region.
- Participate in the General Surgery roster with on-call 1:4
- Be part of the busy contemporary General Surgery services and provide colonoscopy care, supported by a multidisciplinary team including 3 General Surgeons in Wairau, specialty nurses, and technicians.
- Supervise and participate in teaching of junior medical workforce.
- Enjoy working and living in one of New Zealand’s most sought-after regions.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring their medical expertise and experience to improve health in Marlborough region.
- Have experience in Endoscopy.
- Ability to work independently as a specialist in a provincial district.
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate with a vocational scope of General Surgery with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Work with others to promote a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing medical education and professional development.
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general application enquiries please contact our recruitment team on SMO.Recruitment@nmdhb.govt.nz or +64 3 539 5777.
For role specific information please contact,
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form, https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Applications via email will not be considered.
Whilst it is no longer mandatory, for the health and safety of staff and patients, employees in this role are expected to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (primary course plus booster).
Applications close: Open until filled.
Te Whatu Ora strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.