Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Electrician – Facilities, Wairau Hospital
- Full-time permanent position (80 hrs/fortnight)
- Interesting work in a health environment
- Positive work ethic and committed to giving excellent client service
- Contribute to health outcomes across our region
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
Nelson Marlborough Health is looking for a NZ Registered Electrician to be an effective member of the facilities team with responsibility for the maintenance, repair, testing and installation of all electrical trade related plant, equipment, (including biomedical equipment), services and facilities within the department’s area of responsibility.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
It will be essential that you have a minimum of two years post-registration electrical experience and sound knowledge of both the electrical and building industries.
- Certification, planned and reactive maintenance of the electrical appliances, equipment & systems used throughout the hospital.
- Provide feedback on asset condition.
- Consistently apply good trade workmanship and aware of new advances in relevant technology and work practices.
- Participate in the on-call component which actively takes part in the after hour's on-call trade's team.
- Monitor and report on health and safety in the work place.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in appliance maintenance and or electrical duties.
- Qualified and registered in New Zealand and hold a current electrical licence.
- A current New Zealand driver's license.
- Fit and able to undertake the required duties.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough’s largest employer. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
We provide a great place to work with professional development opportunities, job security, and workplace wellness programmes.
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or 03 546 1274.
For role specific information please contact Stewart Lawson, Facilities Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Keen to apply now, it’s easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Applications close: Sunday 1st November
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.