Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Consultant Geriatrician - Permanent
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough Health seeks a motivated and enthusiastic Consultant Geriatrician to join the Geriatric team.
- Permanent part-time 0.6FTE (48 hours a fortnight)
- Join a great team.
- No on-call or call-back requirements
- Nelson Hospital, Nelson, New Zealand
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver quality services to improve the health of the older adult population in Nelson.
- Join a supportive multidisciplinary team including occupational therapists, physiotherapists, social workers, and other medical specialties to provide assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Have the opportunity to engage with the wider clinical community and practice varied, challenging and rewarding geriatric medicine.
- Have the perfect opportunity to achieve an amazing work/life balance and enjoy one of New Zealand’s most sought-after regions with no on-call or call-back requirements.
- Bring your geriatric expertise to an acute secondary care hospital and contribute to advanced care of the elderly in the region.
- Be passionate, patient and considerate when assessing and treating patients.
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational scope of Internal Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Fit into a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour and respect across disciplines.
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature’s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests.
These magnificent features offer endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its café culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://www.nelsontasman.nz/, https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 3 546 1274.
For role specific information please contact:
-Nicky Baxter – Geriatrician, Nelson, email@example.com, or
-Rosey Wilson - Service Manager Medicine, Rosey.Wilson@nmdhb.govt.nz
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Applications via email will not be considered.
Please note: All Te Whatu Ora staffs are required to have completed primary course of approval COVID-19 vaccinations as they will have direct contact with patients and members of the public.
Applications close: Open until filled.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.