Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Anaesthetists with Intensive Care skillsets - Permanent
Te Whatu Ora Nelson
Marlborough seeks two experienced Anaesthetists with Intensive Care skillsets
to join our team.
- 2x Permanent part time 0.75FTE (60 hours a fortnight)
- Join a team of talented individuals who work together to make a positive difference
- Make a lifestyle choice - live and work in one of the most beautiful regions
- Nelson hospital, Nelson, New Zealand
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
The Nelson Marlborough region, located at the summit of the South Island in Aotearoa, New Zealand, is spectacular. It is a great place to live for both work and leisure. Nelson offers all the luxuries and attractions one would desire. It is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
The schools are excellent. There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature’s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests. Nelson, where healthcare meets adventure, offers endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its café culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. Visit the pages to uncover more about how to strike a better work-life balance in Nelson https://www.nelsontasman.nz/ and https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/
Te Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough has approximately 3000 employees, providing health services in the Nelson, Tasman, and Marlborough regions, serving almost 150,000 people. Facilities at Nelson Marlborough include four hospitals (Nelson, Wairau, Alexander, and Murchison), a district wide public health service, and four community health Centre's located in Richmond, Marlborough, Motueka, and Golden Bay. Our vision is for all people to live well, get well, and stay well, and our mission is to work with the people of our community to promote, encourage, and enable their health, well-being, and independence. Respect, innovation, teamwork, and integrity represent our fundamental values.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary, you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation, and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The successful candidates will
- Join a team of 3 Anaesthetists with Intensive Care skills and 2 Intensivists.
- Work within both Anaesthesia and Intensive Care teams, however, the main proportion of time will be in the ICU environment.
- Participate in an Intensive Care daytime roster and an
Intensive Care after-hours 1:7 on call roster.
Our ICU is working towards CICM level 2 ICU accreditation. The FTE allocated allows any clinical time not undertaken in the ICU environment to be undertaken across daytime anaesthesia, with a supportive anaesthesia team of 15.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
- Bring clinical expertise to a smaller provincial hospital and enjoy the lifestyle the region has to offer.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practicing Certificate with a vocational scope of Anaesthesia with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Hold Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA), or equivalent.
- Have essential senior experience in providing Intensive Care for patients with acute, severe, and life-threatening conditions.
- Work with others to promote a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing medical education and professional development.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are keys to provide successful services to our patients and community. Should this be the type of environment in which you will thrive, we would like to hear from you!
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries, please contact our recruitment team SMO.Recruitment@nmdhb.govt.nz or +64 3 539 5777.
For role specific information please contact
-Gillian Champion – Manager Peri-Operative/ICU/Dental
-Gill Hood, HOD Intensive Care, Gill.Hood@nmdhb.govt.nz, or
-Dr Matt Scott, HOD Anaesthesia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Keen to apply now, please fill in our online application form https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Application via email is not considered.
Whilst it is no longer mandatory, for the health and safety of staff and patients, employees in this role are expected to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (primary course plus booster).
Applications close: Open until filled.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.