Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Anaesthetists - Wairau Hospital, Blenheim
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough seeks two experienced Specialist Anaesthetists- permanent to join the Anaesthesia team in Wairau Hospital
- Join a team of 8 Anaesthetists (FANZCA or equivalent)
- 1:8 after hours on-call roster
- Be part of a supportive multidisciplinary team
- Enjoy the lifestyle the Marlborough region has to offer
- Wairau Hospital, Blenheim, New Zealand
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The successful candidates will:
- Deliver quality services to improve health of the population in Marlborough region.
- Participate in the 1:8 Anaesthetics on-call after hour’s roster to support other departments including: emergency department, medical, obstetrics (including epidurals), and paediatric patients requiring anaesthetic support.
- Undertake daytime acute and elective theatres, pre-anaesthetic check clinics, duty and acute anaesthetist responsibilities. When rostered to elective theatres you will work with multidisciplinary team including General Surgery, Orthopaedic, Gynaecology, Obstetrics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Dental, and Urology specialities.
- Supervise and participate in teaching junior medical workforce on ED or medical rotations.
- Enjoy working and living in one of New Zealand’s most sought after regions.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal applicants will:
- Bring your Anaesthesia expertise to an acute secondary care hospital and contribute to critical care to the patients in the Marlborough region.
- Hold Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA), or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational registration of Anaesthesia with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
into a cohesive team of collaborative practice, bringing your personality,
humour, and respect across all specialties.
If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance to cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Receive an after-hours on call allowance
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. Blenheim offers all the attraction and convenience one would expect with close proximity to the Marlborough Sounds and National Parks. For overseas applicants the Marlborough region is similar to the North of France / Italy.
Marlborough offers an amazing friendly and safe community to raise a family and enjoy ‘kiwilife’ at its best. Marlborough has 20% of New Zealand’s coastline and boasts 2400 sunshine hours per year. It is unrivalled in the array of easily accessible leisure pursuits and outdoor activities it provides, sailing and mountain biking, hiking being very popular.
The region offers endless opportunities for walking/tramping in the Nelson Lakes National Park and picturesque Abel Tasman, water sports in the Marlborough Sounds, and skiing nearby St Arnaud. The region is also well known for its award-winning wineries, art, local theatre and convention centre hosting visiting shows, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://marlboroughnz.com/live-work/
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or +64 3 546 1274.
For role specific
information please contact:
- Gillian Champion –Manager Surgical Services Gillian.Champion@nmdhb.govt.nz or
- Dr Dave Sandford –Head of Department- Anaesthesia firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Applications via email will not be considered.
note: In line with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations)
Amendment Order 2021 all Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough staff are required to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 with the approved vaccines.
Applications close: Saturday 3 September 2022.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.