Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Experienced Mental Health Nurses (RNs and ENs)
Looking for a change?
Looking for a challenge?
. . . then come and join us at Wāhi Oranga - the Inpatient Mental Health Unit for the Nelson and Marlborough region.
- Permanent full-time, part-time and casual positions available. (Please indicate your preference via your covering letter.)
- Delivery of acute through to rehab care.
- Great team that strives for a positive work environment with balanced and safe workloads.
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled Registered and Enrolled Nurses who would like to join our multi-disciplinary inpatient mental health team. We’re a great team passionate about mental health and delivering a high standard of care. Our service provides inpatient care for acute through to rehabilitation.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
- You are a NZ Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse with the confidence to work autonomously and the resilience to manage a busy workload.
- You are culturally aware and keen to reduce the barriers that make accessing services difficult for our Maori clients.
- You are driven to work in a pro-active manner and embrace change and development.
For the health and safety of staff and patients all NMH staff are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
Required skills and knowledge include:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work across the Mental Health Inpatient Continuum
- Mental Health (Compulsory Assessment and Treatment) Act, 1992
- PPPR Act - Welfare Guardian
- Sensory Modulation Principles in Mental Health
- Mental status examinations and risk assessments.
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
We offer a great team environment and are supportive of professional development and we strive to create a positive work environment with balanced and safe workloads. We do great work and we need a great team to help us deliver.
Nelson is one of New Zealand’s top lifestyle destinations with abundant sunshine and an amazing variety of leisure pursuits, beaches, rivers and national parks with great opportunities for outdoor activities such as mountain biking, kayaking, tramping, skiing, golf, sailing, as well as plenty of sunshine and outstanding scenery. For more information on the Nelson/Tasman region visit http://www.nelsonnz.com/
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the Te Tau Ihu, the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough’s largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
If we have sparked your interest and you would like to find out more – please contact Nikitta Fleming, CNM Wahi Oranga via Nikita.Fleming@nmdhb.govt.nz
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or 03 546 1274.
Keen to apply now, it’s easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Applications close: Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.