Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse – Assessment, Treatment & Rehabilitation Unit
Permanent/Part Time, Fixed Term/Temporary/Part Time
- N.B. Correction made to this advert - The 0.8FTE role is fixed-term until 2 March 2018
- These positions require a strong commitment to teamwork and rehabilitation
At Nelson Marlborough Health we work with the people of our community to promote, encourage and enable their health, well-being and independence.
The Assessment Treatment and Rehabilitation Unit (AT&R) provides services for adult patients with neurological conditions e.g. Parkinson, MS, Stroke as well as other conditions including amputees and post operative joint replacement. Our patients are admitted directly from the community, or are transferred from the Medical Unit or Surgical Wards.
AT&R offers a broad range of experience with a mix of surgical and medical conditions, wound care, IVT and transfusion. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a coordinated interdisciplinary team and gain an understanding of the principles of rehabilitation.
You will be an innovative thinker who values teamwork and is motivated by excellent clinical outcomes.
You will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Current NZ Registered Nurse, or Enrolled Nurse, with NZNC annual practising certificate)
- Cheerful and motivated and interested in wellness and health
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written
- Demonstrates patience and respect for others
- Sound clinical knowledge and experience
- Excellent clinical assessment skills
- Ability to work autonomously yet cohesively within a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and self development.
We have two positions available as follows:
- 1 x permanent, part-time position - working 40 hours a fortnight (0.5FTE).
- 1 x fixed-term, part-time position - working 64 hours a fortnight (0.8FTE) until 2/3/2018.
N.B. Please indicate if you have a preference for either position in your covering letter.
These positions are best suited to a dynamic and positive individuals with robust clinical knowledge and a commitment to teamwork and rehabilitation.
Applications are only accepted online, so to apply or to view the position description please go to our careers website http://www.nmdhb.govt.nz/careersAtNMDHB.aspx
Appointment and ongoing employment will be conditional upon criminal record/police checks. This may include checks under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Closing date: Sunday, 22 October 2014
Closing Date: Sunday, October 22, 2017